When we’re sewing, we often encounter various bumps on the road that make us exert way more effort than strictly necessary. To avoid most of these situations in the future, we offer you 10 of the most useful and simple sewing tips and tricks.
10 of the most useful and simple sewing tips and tricks.
1. A template for marking seam allowance
2. How to make the bottom level without any help.
3. Place cardboard under the back of the presser foot to facilitate stitching in thick areas.
4. Rubber bands as reference points for stitching.
5. Wrap two pencils together with adhesive tape to draw a pattern with seam allowance. If you want a wider allowance, add another pencil to the middle.
6. A paper template for slanted bordering.
7. Template for even allowance for the bottom overcast.
8. Markings for air loops.
9. Pegs, clips, hairpins instead of pins.
10. Hinge processing on knitwear