Our vegetable victim today is the seasonally plentiful zucchini, with its firm outside and extremely tender inside. The zucchini often gets a bad rep. So many people don’t know how to prepare it properly, that its succulent and unique texture is seldom valued as it should be. Zucchinis are low in calories and very high in vitamins. Fried zucchini is an all-time favorite in many families, but, needless to say, all that greasy breading that tastes so good, but you regret later is a high price to pay. That’s why we think you’ll love this low-calorie, cheesy breaded goodness recipe. Enjoy.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 oz. firm cheese
- 2 average sized zucchinis
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crunchy breading
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Assorted Provence herbs
Mouthwatering Crunchy Tender Oven Baked Zucchini
- Wash and dry two medium-sized zucchinis and slice them lengthways.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, and add salt and pepper.
- Place cheese in the freezer for 15 minutes, then grate it on a broad cheese grater.
- Mix the grated cheese in with the breading. Add the Provencal herbs and any other spices to taste.
- Take each zucchini slice separately, dip in flour, egg and breading in that order. Place on a pan covered with wax paper roughly 1 inch apart.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180°C) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and set aside to cool.
- These deliciously cheesy zucchini sticks are great served with a simple garlic sauce.
These tantalizing treats will leave your entire family wanting more, and best of all, they don’t take long at all to prepare!
For more delightful recipes, take a look at our website. We hope you enjoyed it!