On Facebook, Gözde asked me for some help. She is a big fan of Fiona Paxton necklaces. As they are not exactly cheap, she wanted some ideas to make such a necklace with cheap handicraft work.
The model for this jewelry is a necklace of many threaded beads, which would have cost me several hours of work. So I picked up the “glue technique” to shorten the needed working time.
Material And Tools – For This DIY Project You Need
- Fabric strip 4 x 82 cm (I used a fabric belt)
- Craft glue (binds the sequins band better than a fabric glue)
- Small jewelry chain (according to taste, at least 2 meters long – available in the jewelry section of craft stores, you can also use several short chains)
- Sewing needle and transparent sewing yarn
- Sequin band (needed length about 2,70 meters, also available in the jewelry section of craft stores)
DIY Tutorial: The Step-By-Step Craft Instructions
DIY Step 1
To glue the sequins band coat a short line with the adhesive in the desired zig-zag pattern on the fabric strip.
DIY Step 2
Let the adhesive dry for 1 minute and then glue the sequin band. Continue in small steps with the zig-zag pattern until the end of the fabric strip. Now go back the same steps with the opposite zig-zag pattern until you reach the beginning of the fabric strip.
DIY Step 3
The finished fabric strip.
DIY Step 4
The lower jewelry chain is now fixed with pins on the two ends of the fabric strip. With a pin, you fix a chain link on one end of the fabric strip, and again in the desired length, you fix the small chain on the other end of the fabric strip. Now lead the chain back to the first end. There is no need to cut the jewelry chain between the sections.
DIY Step 5
Now sew the fixed chain links with the transparent yarn on the fabric strip. DONE!