For the first day of my “Soccer World Cup Alternative Program” I present you a very easy DIY tutorial. I will show you how to make a simple top (or dress) spice up with fabric flowers.
Material And Tools – For This DIY Project You Need
- A top (or dress) that you want to spice up
- Fabric flowers (for example, from a decoration store. I took an orchid – garland from Kik for EUR 1.-
- Sequins (alternatively pretty buttons)
- Organza gift tape (or satin ribbons or lace)
- Transparent sewing thread (nylon thread) and needle
DIY Tutorial: The Step-By-Step Craft Instructions
DIY Step 1
The spiced top can be washed at 30 degrees. To hold this possibility and to be sure nothing “gets hanging” in the washing machine, first remove the plastic parts, which are located between the individual flowers.
DIY Step 2
Put together the first (prepared) flowers and sew them on the shoulders of the top.
DIY Step 3
Sew a large sequin or button in the middle of the flower. Now continue sewing with the next flower and sequin.
DIY Step 4
Keep on sewing until you are finished with all your flowers.
DIY Step 5
Now you cut two different lengths of organza or lace ribbons. My tapes were about 50 and 80 cm long.
DIY Step 6
Double fold the tapes and sew them under the last flowers on the top. DONE!