The art of making your own plush toys is a fascinating and fun process that will always leave you with a sense of deep satisfaction. Felt is an amazing material to use should you decide to make your own toy. Felt can be used to make absolutely anything you want: dolls, animals, birds, cars and tons of other stuff. Your own imagination is the limit here.
Better to go with brighter colors on this one. Polyester batting will make for a great filler. You will also need a set of sewing accessories, including buttons and threads of matching colors. Making an owl like this one will take no more than a single evening, and the toy itself can last virtually forever.
- Use the patters above to cut the material.
- First sew the torso pieces together, followed with the legs.
- Stuff the wings with our polyester filling and sew them on.
- Time to go about making the eyes. Cut out two circular pieces of felt — one pair should be smaller than the other. Sew them on, one after another. Then make the pupils, the beak, and attach them.
- Stuff the torso with polyester and stitch it together.